Sunday, October 20, 2013

Playlist of My Life #5

Viva La Vida by Coldplay
The noise coming from the dining hall could be heard from a mile away, or so it seemed. Everyone was banging on the sticky, white tables to the rhythm of Viva La Vida by Coldplay. “Oooooooh-Oh! Ooooooh-Oh!” The older, better known guys started to sing. This occurred every meal, between courses, for the entire summer. It didn’t matter that there were different campers every week, as long as there were a few of the same staff members, it was guaranteed. Everyone always left the dining hall full of joy as well as great food, no one could complain. There isn’t one thing that I would change about this event. Every time that I hear Viva La Vida, I instantly feel happy, remembering the great times that I got to have and the great memories that I got to make.
The “so what” of Viva La Vida is this: Don’t seek satisfaction in the world and don’t live just to gain worldly possessions. “One minute I held the key, next the walls were closed in on me.” Often times, I think that “Oh, if only I could have______, I would be so much happier,” but I have come to realize that only God can satisfy. The most important lines from this song are: “For some reason I can’t explain, I know Saint Peter won’t call my name.” Most people would just explain that since he’s been such a bad guy, lying and whatnot, he’s obviously not going to get into Heaven. However, no matter how bad of a person you are, if you accept that Christ died to save you from your sins, you will be saved. As it says in Romans chapter 10, verse 9,” If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”- The Bible, NIV.

1 comment:

  1. I remember being a boyworker at Junior Teen Camp and hearing everyone bang on the tables at all the meals. When this would occur I was always puzzled(but not enough to ask anyone) because in previous years this didn't happen. Thanks for writing this blog! Now I know what that was all about.

    ReplyDelete