Sunday, October 13, 2013

6 Word Memoir De-brief

What did I learn about storytelling?

The six word memoirs helped me to learn a few things about story telling. I learned that you can use punctuation to get the point of your story across better. Punctuation helps to make the meaning of your story more precise. I also learned that, when story telling, visual aides are very helpful. With out a visual aide, it can be a lot harder to help a reader understand a story.

Where did I show my knowledge about using storytelling skills?

I showed my knowledge about using story telling skills quite a bit in the six word memoirs. In each six word memoir, I used pictures and text that were relevant. I also used punctuation to enhance the story and to make the message clearer.

What did I learn as a reader, writer, thinker, storyteller?

As a reader, I realized that sometimes, less really is more. I always find myself so consumed by a story that I will read hundreds of pages and be fine with all of this time wasted. In reality, I've found out that some of the best stories are only one sentence. One picture+ one word= A short, sweet, and to the point story. It's crazy! I've learned tons about a bunch of friends just from 6 words apiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment