Sunday, October 20, 2013

Playlist of My Life #4

Our God by Chris Tomlin
“Water You turned into wine, opened the eyes of the blind. There’s no one like You, none like You!” I smiled at the lyrics of this song as I turned to look out of the old, fish fly covered window. The chapel building had been there longer than I could remember, but you couldn’t tell due to the renovations done a few years before. The chapel building was no more than 100 yards from the shore of the beach, so I took advantage of the beauty of the waves crashing against the sand. When I think about this song, I’m reminded of God’s love for all mankind and the sacrifice that He made to save us all. I’m also reminded of my friends, my brothers and sisters in Christ. The only things that I would change about this moment would be that 1.) It wouldn’t have to end and 2.) More people could have been able to be there to worship Christ with us.
The “so what” of this song is this: God is greater, stronger, and higher than any other. Man cannot come anywhere close to God, but He loves us and gave His life for us anyways. “Our God is greater, Our God is stronger, God, You are higher than any other!” This song fits my life experiences because I have chosen to follow Christ since He has given His life so that I may have eternal life. The most powerful lines of this song are: “And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?” I’m slowly learning to trust God more and more to take care of me. Whether it be physically, emotionally, or spiritually, He will provide me with what I need. Sometimes, it feels like everything is crashing down around me, but through it all, God has kept me safe and has shown me His power.

No comments:

Post a Comment